Race Results Now Available!
wild·land·er - An inhabitant or protector of the uncultivated portions of the earth, especially an emergency responder. Also, a running event held in Douglas County, Colorado to benefit Larkspur Fire and the Wildland Firefighters Foundation.
The event was held September 27, 2014 at the Sandstone Ranch.
- 7:00am Volunteer Arrival
- 8:00am Packet pick-up available at the course
- 8:30am Half Marathon
- 9:00am 12k
- 9:30am 5k and Responder Challenge
- Kids Races will take place around 10am (Distances depend on ages and number of participants)
- Sandwiches and snacks served to participants following the kids races.
General Location & Map
- About 5 miles west of Larkspur, Colorado
- About 50 minutes from Downtown Denver
- About 40 minutes from Downtown Colorado Springs
- Paste the lat/lon: 39.223985,-104.958902 into smartphone
- Search maps.google.com for: Sandstone Ranch 80118
Directions from Larkspur
- West on Perry Park Avenue at the 3-way stop sign in Larkspur
- Go past the Renaissance Festival and the elementary school
- About 3 miles west of Larkspur, turn right (north) onto Perry Park Rd. (105) at the stop sign.
- After about 1 mile, turn left onto the private road to Haystack and Sandstone Ranch. This is on the elbow just south of the entrance to Perry Park.
- Continue about 1 mile south to Sandstone Ranch. You will pass Haystack Ranch.
- (From Palmer Lake or Sedalia, it is quicker to take 105 directly)
Wildland Firefighter Foundation is a national organization that provides a safety net for the wildland fire community. A portion of your registration will go directly to this organization. Please also consider making a direct donation or becoming a member of the 52 Club, by donating a “buck a week to help a buddy”.