Saturday, October 3
The 2015 Wildlander was held October 3, 2015 at Sandstone Ranch.
- 7:00am Volunteer Arrival
- 8:00am Packet pick-up available at the course
- 9:00am 12k
- 9:30am 5k and Responder Challenge
- Kids Races will take place around 9:35am (Distances depend on ages and number of participants)
- Sandwiches and snacks served to participants following the kids races.
- Walkers on 5k.
- Strollers welcome.
- No pets. Sandstone is a working cattle ranch.
The 2015 Wildlander offers a 5k and a 12k run on a private ranch west of Larkspur, Colorado. The Wildlander benefits the Larkspur Fire Department. The Wildland Firefighter Foundation (WFF) also receives a portion of each race entry. The WFF is a national organization that supports families of wildland firefighters killed or seriously injured the line of duty.
The 2014 Wildlander attracted about 200 runners. First responder organizations compete for for the Jay Shaffer Memorial Cup, a traveling trophy that honors a Larkspur firefighter lost in the line of duty in 2001.
wild·land·er – An inhabitant or protector of the uncultivated portions of the earth, especially an emergency responder. Also, a running event held in Douglas County, Colorado to benefit Larkspur Fire and the Wildland Firefighters Foundation.
General Location & Map
- About 5 miles west of Larkspur, Colorado
- About 50 minutes from Downtown Denver
- About 40 minutes from Downtown Colorado Springs
- Paste the lat/lon: 39.223985,-104.958902 into smartphone
- Search maps.google.com for: Sandstone Ranch 80118
Directions from Larkspur
- West on Perry Park Avenue at the 3-way stop sign in Larkspur
- Go past the Renaissance Festival and the elementary school
- About 3 miles west of Larkspur, turn right (north) onto Perry Park Rd. (105) at the stop sign.
- After about 1 mile, turn left onto the private road to Haystack and Sandstone Ranch. This is on the elbow just south of the entrance to Perry Park.
- Continue about 1 mile south to Sandstone Ranch. You will pass Haystack Ranch.
- (From Palmer Lake or Sedalia, it is quicker to take 105 directly)
Wildland Firefighter Foundation is a national organization that provides a safety net for the wildland fire community. A portion of your registration will go directly to this organization. Please also consider making a direct donation or becoming a member of the 52 Club, by donating a “buck a week to help a buddy”.