- 9am:Packet pick-up available at the course
- 10am: All races start (5k, 12k and responder challenge)
- 11am: Kids Races (Distances depend on ages and number of participants)
- Sandwiches and snacks served to participants following the kids races.
- Kids race distances will depend on how many kids attend.
- There will be fire trucks to look at before, during and after the race.
General Location & Map
- About 5 miles west of Larkspur, Colorado
- About 50 minutes from Downtown Denver
- About 40 minutes from Downtown Colorado Springs
- Paste the lat/lon: 39.223985,-104.958902 into smartphone
- Search maps.google.com for: Sandstone Ranch 80118
Directions from Larkspur
- West on Perry Park Avenue at the 3-way stop sign in Larkspur
- Go past the Renaissance Festival and the elementary school
- About 3 miles west of Larkspur, turn right (north) onto Perry Park Rd. (105) at the stop sign.
- After about 1 mile, turn left onto the private road to Haystack and Sandstone Ranch. This is on the elbow just south of the entrance to Perry Park.
- Continue about 1 mile south to Sandstone Ranch. You will pass Haystack Ranch.
- (From Palmer Lake or Sedalia, it is quicker to take 105 directly)
The Wildlander logo includes the pick-head axe, the pulaski, the police baton, the ice axe and the stethoscope superimposed over the Colorado flag, symbolizing teamwork between structural firefighters, wildland firefighters, law enforcement, search and rescue and emergency medical providers. We are united to honor those brave wanderers who come from all over the country and have sacrificed to protect our beautiful state. Not intending to leave anyone out, but not room for more tools. If you are a wildland responder, you know who you are.
Wildland Firefighter Foundation is a national organization that provides a safety net for the wildland fire community. A portion of your registration will go directly to this organization. Please also consider making a direct donation or becoming a member of the 52 Club, by donating a “buck a week to help a buddy”.
wild·land·er - An inhabitant or protector of the uncultivated portions of the earth, especially an emergency responder. Also, a running event held in Douglas County, Colorado to benefit Larkspur Fire and the Wildland Firefighters Foundation.