The Wildlander took place on September 22, 2018. Congratulations to El Paso County Search and Rescue for defending the Jay Shafer Memorial Cup! Second place went to Douglas County Search and Rescue, just a few minutes behind in the combined time. These volunteer organizations keep us safe every day as we work and play in the “Wildlands.”
Thanks to our sponsors for making it possible, our volunteers for making it happen and to all of the participants for their support! Thanks also to the rangers and land managers of Douglas County for permitting this event on the stunning Sandstone Ranch Open Space. For results, see: 5k | 12k
The Wildlander is a 5k/12k event organized by and benefiting the Larkspur Fire Department. The Wildland Firefighter Foundation (WFF) also receives a portion of each race entry. The WFF is a national organization that supports families of wildland firefighters killed or seriously injured the line of duty.
wild·land·er – An inhabitant or protector of the uncultivated portions of the earth, especially an emergency responder. Also, a running event held in Douglas County, Colorado to benefit Larkspur Fire and the Wildland Firefighters Foundation.
General Location & Map
- About 5 miles west of Larkspur, Colorado
- About 50 minutes from Downtown Denver
- About 40 minutes from Downtown Colorado Springs
- Paste the lat/lon: 39.223985,-104.958902 into smartphone
- Search maps.google.com for: Sandstone Ranch 80118
Directions from Larkspur
- Drive West on Perry Park Avenue at the 3-way stop sign in Larkspur
- Go past the Renaissance Festival and the elementary school
- About 3 miles west of Larkspur, turn right (north) onto Perry Park Rd. (105) at the stop sign.
- After about 1 mile, turn left onto the private road to Haystack and Sandstone Ranch. This is on the elbow just south of the entrance to Perry Park.
- Continue about 1 mile south to Sandstone Ranch. You will pass Haystack Ranch.
- (From Palmer Lake or Sedalia, it is quicker to take 105 directly)