GREAT news, The Wildlander is BACK! After a two-year hiatus, The Wildlander is returning to the spectacular Sandstone Ranch. Come out and run with first responders from up and down the Front Range. Join us on Saturday 22 September 2018, for the 5K, 12K or Responder Challenge. Walkers are welcome on the 5k course!
The Wildlander is organized by and benefits the Larkspur Fire Department. The Wildland Firefighter Foundation (WFF) also receives a portion of each race entry. The WFF is a national organization that supports families of wildland firefighters killed or seriously injured the line of duty.
The Sandstone Ranch has been purchased by Douglas County. Following the development, adoption, and implementation of a Master Plan, Sandstone Ranch will be open to the public for non-motorized use only.
The Wildlander has received a permit from Douglas County for 2018 for this one-day event only. In the meantime, respect the fact that the property is not yet open to the public.
The Wildlander attracts about 200 participants.
wild·land·er – An inhabitant or protector of the uncultivated portions of the earth, especially an emergency responder. Also, a running event held in Douglas County, Colorado to benefit Larkspur Fire and the Wildland Firefighters Foundation.
General Location & Map
- About 5 miles west of Larkspur, Colorado
- About 50 minutes from Downtown Denver
- About 40 minutes from Downtown Colorado Springs
- Paste the lat/lon: 39.223985,-104.958902 into smartphone
- Search maps.google.com for: Sandstone Ranch 80118
Directions from Larkspur
- Drive West on Perry Park Avenue at the 3-way stop sign in Larkspur
- Go past the Renaissance Festival and the elementary school
- About 3 miles west of Larkspur, turn right (north) onto Perry Park Rd. (105) at the stop sign.
- After about 1 mile, turn left onto the private road to Haystack and Sandstone Ranch. This is on the elbow just south of the entrance to Perry Park.
- Continue about 1 mile south to Sandstone Ranch. You will pass Haystack Ranch.
- (From Palmer Lake or Sedalia, it is quicker to take 105 directly)