Wildlander 2019 will take place at Sandstone Ranch on September 21, 2019. The Wildlander is a 5k/10k event organized by and benefiting the Larkspur Fire Department. Sandstone Ranch is a new Douglas County Open Space that is not yet accessible for daily use- no pre-running! The Wildlander is a unique community event that allows you to explore this amazing property on race day.
Race Day Agenda
- 7-7:30 Volunteers Arrive
- 7:30 Volunteer Briefing
- 8:00 Runners begin to arrive
- 8:15 Race Day Bib Pick-up
- 8:50 National Anthem
- 9:00 10k Start
- 9:30 5k and Responder Start
- 9:40 Kids Races
- 10:30 Awards & Closing
The Wildland Firefighter Foundation (WFF) also receives a portion of each race entry. The WFF is a national organization that supports families of wildland firefighters killed or seriously injured the line of duty.
wild·land·er – An inhabitant or protector of the uncultivated portions of the earth, especially an emergency responder. Also, a running event held in Douglas County, Colorado to benefit Larkspur Fire and the Wildland Firefighters Foundation.
- About 5 miles west of Larkspur, Colorado
- About 50 minutes from Downtown Denver
- About 40 minutes from Downtown Colorado Springs
- Parking lat/lon: 39.217877, -104.958808
- Google Maps link
Directions from Larkspur
- Drive West on Perry Park Avenue at the 3-way stop sign in Larkspur
- Go past the Renaissance Festival and the elementary school
- About 3 miles west of Larkspur, turn right (north) onto Perry Park Rd. (105) at the stop sign.
- After about 1 mile, turn left onto the private road to Haystack and Sandstone Ranch. This is on the elbow just south of the entrance to Perry Park.
- Continue about 1 mile south to Sandstone Ranch. You will pass Haystack Ranch.
- Wildlander 2019 Start/Finish is about a half-mile south of the previous start/finish.
- (From Palmer Lake or Sedalia, it is quicker to take 105 directly)