Based on current trends in the pandemic, the Wildlander Race Committee has made the decision to forego Wildlander 2020. Our primary responsibility is to keep our volunteers and participants safe. Please keep our sponsors, first responders, and wildland firefighters in mind as they adapt to these difficult times. Get out and enjoy our amazing open spaces on your own. The parking lot for Sandstone Ranch Open Space is under construction. Some of the trails should open to the public this fall!
Please support our first responders by staying safe. If you are able to donate to our participating volunteer agencies, that would be great!
- Larkspur Volunteer Fire Auxiliary
- Douglas County Search & Rescue
- El Paso County Search & Rescue
- Wildland Firefighter Foundation
The Wildland Firefighter Foundation (WFF) is a national organization that supports families of wildland firefighters killed or seriously injured the line of duty.
wild·land·er – An inhabitant or protector of the uncultivated portions of the earth, especially an emergency responder. Also, a running event held in Douglas County, Colorado to benefit Larkspur Fire and the Wildland Firefighters Foundation.
- About 5 miles west of Larkspur, Colorado
- About 50 minutes from Downtown Denver
- About 40 minutes from Downtown Colorado Springs
- Parking lat/lon: 39.217877, -104.958808
- Google Maps link
Directions from Larkspur
- Drive West on Perry Park Avenue at the 3-way stop sign in Larkspur
- Go past the Renaissance Festival and the elementary school
- About 3 miles west of Larkspur, turn right (north) onto Perry Park Rd. (105) at the stop sign.
- After about 1 mile, turn left onto the private road to Haystack and Sandstone Ranch. This is on the elbow just south of the entrance to Perry Park.
- Continue about 1 mile south to Sandstone Ranch. You will pass Haystack Ranch.
- Wildlander 2019 Start/Finish is about a half-mile south of the previous start/finish.
- (From Palmer Lake or Sedalia, it is quicker to take 105 directly)