We are hoping that in 2018, the Wildlander will be back. Due to other commitments in 2016 and 2017, we were unable to organize the event. Thanks for your interest and support!
The Wildlander offers 5k, 12k, and half marathon runs on a private ranch west of Larkspur, Colorado. In addition to the races, there is a First Responder competition for the Jay Shaffer Memorial Cup, a traveling trophy that honors a Larkspur firefighter lost in the line of duty in 2001.
The Wildlander is organized by and benefits the Larkspur Fire Department. The Wildland Firefighter Foundation (WFF) also receives a portion of each race entry. The WFF is a national organization that supports families of wildland firefighters killed or seriously injured the line of duty.
The 2014 Wildlander attracted about 200 runners.
wild·land·er – An inhabitant or protector of the uncultivated portions of the earth, especially an emergency responder. Also, a running event held in Douglas County, Colorado to benefit Larkspur Fire and the Wildland Firefighters Foundation.
General Location & Map
- About 5 miles west of Larkspur, Colorado
- About 50 minutes from Downtown Denver
- About 40 minutes from Downtown Colorado Springs
- Paste the lat/lon: 39.223985,-104.958902 into smartphone
- Search maps.google.com for: Sandstone Ranch 80118
Directions from Larkspur
- Drive West on Perry Park Avenue at the 3-way stop sign in Larkspur
- Go past the Renaissance Festival and the elementary school
- About 3 miles west of Larkspur, turn right (north) onto Perry Park Rd. (105) at the stop sign.
- After about 1 mile, turn left onto the private road to Haystack and Sandstone Ranch. This is on the elbow just south of the entrance to Perry Park.
- Continue about 1 mile south to Sandstone Ranch. You will pass Haystack Ranch.
- (From Palmer Lake or Sedalia, it is quicker to take 105 directly)