- There are 3 aid stations for the 12k and one for the 5k
- Water and Gatorade will be available.
- Food and snacks will be available for registered participants after the race, compliments of the Larkspur Fire Auxiliary.
- Toilets and first aid are available at the start/finish area.
- Walkers on 5k.
- Strollers welcome.
- No pets. Sandstone is a working cattle ranch.
The Wildlander 5k course is an out-and-back on ranch roads that pass through pastures with stunning views of red rock formations and nearby bluffs. Colorado mud or snow notwithstanding, the footing is packed dirt and small gravel, with ample room for two-way traffic. Pause for refreshment and take in the panoramic views of the surrounding countryside at the turnaround. Elevation gain/loss is about 270 feet. Walkers are welcome on the 5k course. Don’t take this course for granted, as it is a pretty steady uphill and the starting elevation is over 6,500 ft.
The Wildlander 12k course is out-and-back on ranch roads that pass through pastures, meadows and mature ponderosa pine forests. Footing is hard packed dirt and gravel with ample room for two-way traffic. The course has three legs with aid stations at each turnaround. The final leg follows the 5k route, offering the same panoramic views. Interesting ranch structures along the course provide diversion. There are uphill and downhill sections that provide a healthy change of pace. The total elevation gain/loss is just under 700 feet. No walkers on the 12k route please, so that we can clear the course and enjoy the expo.