- No pre-running, Sandstone Ranch is not yet open for day use.
- Walkers are welcome on the 5k course!
- No pets. Sandstone is a working cattle ranch.
- There are 3 aid stations for the 10k and one for the 5k
- Water and Gatorade will be available.
- Food and snacks will be available for registered participants after the race, compliments of the Larkspur Fire Auxiliary.
- Toilets and first aid are available at the start/finish area.
- Strollers welcome.
- New start and finish this year. The 5k now includes a new segment and the longer distance is now a few km shorter- 10k.
The Wildlander 5k course is an out-and-back on ranch roads that pass through pastures with stunning views of red rock formations and nearby bluffs. New for 2019, the 5k ventures into the forest. Walkers are welcome on the 5k course!
Pause for refreshment and take in the panoramic views of the surrounding countryside at the turnaround. Elevation gain/loss is about 300 feet. Don’t take this course for granted, as it is steady uphill and the starting elevation is over 6,500 ft. It will be a nice downhill run in from the turnaround.
The Wildlander 10k course is out-and-back on ranch roads that pass through pastures, meadows and mature ponderosa pine forests. The footing is hard-packed dirt and gravel with ample room for two-way traffic. The course has three legs with aid stations at each turnaround. The final leg follows the 5k route, offering the same panoramic views.
Ranch structures grace the route and there are uphill and downhill sections that provide a healthy change of pace. The total elevation gain/loss is over 700 feet. No walkers on the 10k route please so that we can clear the course and relieve our hard-working volunteers.