Saturday, October 22, 2018
Saturday, October 3, 2015
The 2015 Wildlander was held October 3, 2015 at Sandstone Ranch.
- 7:00am Volunteer Arrival
- 8:00am Packet pick-up available at the course
- 9:00am 12k
- 9:30am 5k and Responder Challenge
- Kids Races will take place around 9:35am (Distances depend on ages and number of participants)
- Sandwiches and snacks served to participants following the kids races.
- Walkers on 5k.
- Strollers welcome.
- No pets. Sandstone is a working cattle ranch.
The 2015 Wildlander offers a 5k and a 12k run on a private ranch west of Larkspur, Colorado. The Wildlander benefits the Larkspur Fire Department. The Wildland Firefighter Foundation (WFF) also receives a portion of each race entry. The WFF is a national organization that supports families of wildland firefighters killed or seriously injured the line of duty.
The second annual Wildlander at Sandstone Ranch was held September 27Citizen races included a 5k, a 12k and a half-marathon as well as children’s races.
2014 Wildlander Results:
The 2015 Wildlander was presented by
Additional sponsors included
Larkspur Professional Firefighters Local 4855
The inaugural Wildlander at Sandstone Ranch was held Citizen races included a 5k and a 12k, as well as children’s races.
2013 Wildlander Results: Event Results
The Jay Shaffer Memorial Cup Challenge, honoring a LFPD firefighter, was won by West Douglas Fire Department.
Wildlander Article: Inaugural Event a Success